Oasis scholarship is a scholarship for the west Bengal students. This is the scholarship provided by the government for financial support. In this article, I will provide you complete information about this scholarship. We will discuss its eligibility criteria, scholarship rewards, and how to apply.
This scholarship is an online scholarship scheme for underprivileged students of different categories including SC, ST, and OBC. This is the best-dedicated scholarship for financially weak students. This scholarship is administered by the backward classes welfare department, Government of West Bengal. This scholarship is basically for the permanent residents of this state. The main objective of this scholarship is to appreciate students by providing them a scholarship. This will encourage students to work more. You can send an application for scholarship 2020 between May to November.
Oasis scholarship in 2021-22
Oasis scholarship program list
There are different scholarships under this program. These include a pre-matric scholarship for ST students, pre-matric scholarship for SC students, post-matric scholarship for SC/ST students, post-matric scholarship for OBC students.
Applications for pre matric scholarship for ST students are accepted from May to November. A similar time period is for other categories.
The necessary condition for this scholarship is that students should be domicile holders of West Bengal state. Other criteria for different programs are different.
For pre matric scholarship for ST students, the candidate should be a student of 9 or 10 class belonging to ST and the annual income of candidate should be less than INR 200,000
In case of pre matric scholarship for SC students, the candidate should be a student of 9 or 10 classes belonging to SC and the yearly income of the family should be less than 200,000.
For post matric scholarship for SC/ST students, candidates should be post matric SC/ST or post-secondary level students belonging to SC/ST and the annual income of the candidate should be INR 250,000 or less than INR 250,000.
For post-matric scholarship for OBC students, the candidate should be a student of post-secondary level belonging to the OBC category and the annual income of candidates should be less than INR 100,000.
Rewards and benefits
The scholarship for pre matric SC students is INR 150 per month for 10 months and ad-hoc INR 750 per annum, for hostelites INR 750 per month for 10 months and 1000 INR per year.
Scholarship reward for pre matric SC students is INR 150 per month for 10 months and ad-hoc INR 750 per annum, for hostelites INR 750 per month for 10 months and 1000 INR per annum.
Scholarship for post matric SC/ST students is INR 500 per month for BSc(agriculture)/MPhil/Ph.D./LLM students, INR 530 for B pharm/LLB/Back(nursing), PG, hotel management students, INR 300 for students of general graduation courses. INR 230 for 11 or 12 class students in ITI or polytechnics courses, maintenance fee up to INR 550 per month.
Scholarship for post matric SC/ST students who are hostel residents is INR 1200 per month f0r medical/ /engineering/BSc(agriculture)/MPhil/Ph.D./LLM students, INR 820 for B pharm/LLB/Back(nursing), PG, hotel management students, INR 750 for students of general graduation courses. INR 750 for 11 or 12 class students in ITI or polytechnics courses, maintenance fee up to INR 1200 per month.
Scholarship reward for post matric OBC students is INR 335 per month for students of B pharm/LLB/Bs(nursing)/PG/hotel management, INR 350 per month for medical/engineering/BSc(agriculture)/MPhil/Ph.D./LLM students, INR 210 for students of general graduation courses, INR 160 per month for 11 and 12-grade students in ITI/polytechnic courses, maintenance fee up to INR 350 per month. Scholarship reward for post matric OBC students who are hostel residents is INR 510 per month for students of B pharm/LLB/BSc(nursing)/PG/hotel management, INR 750 per month for medical/engineering/BSc(agriculture)/MPhil/Ph.D./LLM students, INR 400 for students of general graduation courses, INR 260 per month for 11 and 12-grade students in ITI/polytechnic courses, maintenance fee up to INR 750 per month.
So here is the detailed information on the rewards and benefits of oasis scholarship.
You have to apply online for an oasis scholarship. Here are the steps:
Step 1: Student registration
- Interested candidates should visit the oasis scholarship official website.
- On the homepage, there will be an option of ‘student registration.’ Click on that option.
- Now the applicant should have to select the district or city in which his/her college is situated.
- The next webpage on the display screen will be of caste verification. The candidate should fill all the required information and submit.
- Once the form is submitted, the online application procedure is completed.
Step 2: Login and Application form filling process
- When the registration process is completed, the candidate can download the permanent User Id and password from the ‘Download login information’ option.
- Now the application should open his/her application form by putting the ID/password given.
- After opening the application, now the candidate should fill all the personal details and bank details in the application form.
- Students are advised to review all the information he/she has typed. After confirmation, you have to select the option ‘Save and proceed.’
Step 3: Review and Lock the Application
- In this step, you have to ensure that all the information you have provided is valid and accurate.
- After ensuring, the candidate should have to click on the ‘Verify and lock’ button to save all the information.
- Once the application is locked, you cannot edit or change the details you have provided.
Step 4: Print and submit the application form.
- This is the most successful submission; now, the candidate has to download the submitted application form.
- Now, the candidate should have to submit this complete form along with the documents required to any Block Development Officer for further processing.
The documents you have to submit along with the application form are given below
- Passport size photograph
- Birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Bank passbook
- Adhaar card
- Domicile certificate
- Attested copy of mark sheet/ last qualifying exam
- Fee receipt
Oasis scholarship renewal process
All the existing scholars should have to renew their scholarships every year. So, the stepwise procedure of renewing the application form is given below.
- First of all, you have to visit the official oasis scholarship website.
- There in the student’s section, you will find the option to renew the scholarship.
- Now you have to log in using your ID and password.
- When your application is opened, you have to Verify all the information that you had entered previously, make changes if necessary.
- After verifying all the details, you have to click on the application renewal button.
- Now, you have to enter all the academic information you are currently pursuing. After entering, you have to click on the ‘renew and lock’ application button.
- Once the application is locked, no further changes can be made.
- Now you have to download a copy of the application that you have submitted and print it.
- After printing, submit this application form to the concerned block of Block Development Officer (BDO) along with the required documents for further procedure.
Oasis scholarship status check
This scholarship portal also facilitates the students by providing track options. Yes, now students can track their application status. Both fresh and renewal candidates can check their application status online. The procedure to track the application is given below.
- The applicant should visit the official website of an oasis scholarship.
- Now he/she should click on the ‘Track an Application’ button.
- Now, the candidate should select the district or city in which his/her college is situated.
- Details such as serial number, User ID, academic session, region, etc. have to be entered to track the application.
In case if you have any questions or queries related to the oasis scholarship, you don’t have to worry. You can contact them directly. I have provided you the number for the direct contact of oasis scholarship that is +91-8420023311.
What is the last date of the oasis scholarship 2020?
The portal for oasis scholarship will be opened in May, and the last date to submit applications is September 30, 2020. For more accurate information, you have to visit the official website of an oasis scholarship.
What is post-matric scholarship?
This post-matric scholarship is meant to provide financial support to the students who are studying at post matriculation or post-secondary level. This scholarship will provide them financial support so that they can continue their higher education without any financial burden.
Does any general (UR) category student can apply for this oasis scholarship?
No, general (UR) students cannot apply for this scholarship. Only ST, SC, and OBC category students can apply.
If you passed your HS exams in 2020, then can you apply for an oasis scholarship in 2021?
No, you cannot apply for an oasis scholarship 2021. Only current year candidates are eligible.
Can nursing students apply for an oasis scholarship 2021?
Yes, nursing students in the West Bengal state of India can apply for this scholarship.
So, this is a complete guide about Oasis scholarship. If you have any questions regarding the scholarship, feel free to contact us, it will be hihly acknowledged. Here is a guide about the great scholarship of India.