Bihar Scholarship opens a new land of opportunities for the students. The scholarship is especially for those who are permanent residents of Bihar. The scholarship is basically to empower students so that they can continue their studies without any financial worry. So here we will provide you all the details on how can you apply for this scholarship. What are the eligibility criteria and what are the documents required for the scholarship? The main objective of this scholarship is to encourage brilliant and deserving students. These efforts are brought up by both government and other organizations.
Table of Contents
Bihar Scholarship 2021-22
Bihar scholarship 2020 has been launched by the chief minister of Bihar state. These are especially for the students who belong to backward economic states.
Categories of Bihar scholarship
There are several categories of this scholarship and every category has its own set of eligibility criteria.
These categories are
- Post matric scholarship for SC students
- BC-EBC post matric scholarship
- ST post-matric scholarship 4.
- CM Kanya Utthan yojana scholarship for 10+2 (for girls )
- CM Kanya Utthan yojana scholarship for graduation
Combined counseling board scholarship Eligibility criteria
Here are the eligibility criteria for the scholarship
- The common eligibility criteria for all categories is that the students must have Bihar domicile and should be the permanent residents of Bihar state. Those students who are studying at post matriculation level (class 11 to post-graduation level ) are falling in category 1.
- Students must have the last qualifying exam.
- The annual income of the family should be less than INR 2.5 lacs.
- Those students who are studying at post matriculation level with a family income of less than INR 1.5 Lacs are eligible for category 2.
- Those students who are studying at post matriculation level with family income less than 2.5 Lac per year are eligible for category 3.
- Category 4 is for unmarried girls of Bihar who have passed their class 12 examination from Bihar examination board
- The female students who have completed their graduation from government recognized institution can apply for category 5
- The students who are studying in college/university can apply for this scholarship. They must have passed the last qualifying exam with 40% – 50% marks.
- You need to fulfill these criteria otherwise you are not eligible for the scholarship. So you should check these ideas before applying for the scholarship. Always keep your full information before applying.
Documents Required For Scholarship
- Educational certificates
- Income proof
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Receipt of course
- Bank account details
- Aadhar card
- Passport size pictures
How to Apply For the Scholarship?
- You can apply online by visiting the official website of the Bihar scholarship. We are providing direct links here for the ease of students.
- Students can also apply by visiting the national scholarship portal (NSP).
- Go to the official website of the university. Submit your details
- After that enter your email id and phone number. Then confirm your phone number. You will receive an OTP to confirm your phone number.
- After that submit all the required documents that are required for the eligibility of the scholarship.
- After submitting the documents, review the form for any kind of mistake.
- This is how you can apply for the scholarship. A proper application process is needed for success.
Rewards for Bihar Scholarship
- Amount of scholarship Post matric scholarship for SC students: INR 1200 per month (for hostelites) and INR 550 per month ( for day scholars)
- An additional allowance of 240 INR for students with disabilities.
- Study tour charges up to 1600 INR BC-EBC post-matric scholarship: INR 1200 per month (for hostelites) and INR 550 per month ( for day scholars)
- An additional allowance of 240 INR for students with disabilities ST post-matric scholarship: study tour charges up to INR 1600 per year. Additional thesis and printing charges of INR 1600 for research scholars.
- CM Kanya Utthan yojana scholarship for 10+2 (for girls ): INR 10,000
- CM Kanya Utthan yojana scholarship for graduation: INR (one-time financial assistance) CCB scholarship: INR 1 lac to 3 lac
There are some other scholarships that are also suitable for the resident of Bihar. Here are some of these scholarships
Post Matric Scholarship for Disabled students
The scholarship is for disabled students who are studying in the 11 class. Students must have 40 percent of disability certified by the medical authority. The annual income of the family should be less than 2.5 lac. Book allowance and Maintenance allowance are included in the package.
Ministry of Labor and Employment Pre matric Scholarship
The Ministry of labor and employment will give this scholarship to pre-matric students. The scholarship is for students studying in class 1 to 10 and are children of LSDM, CINE, and Beedi workers. They will be given a scholarship of 1840 INR under this scheme.
Post Matric Scholarship by the Ministry of Labour and Employment
Ministry of labor and employment will give this scholarship to the post-matric students. Students studying in 11 classes and are children of LSDM, CINE, and Beedi workers are eligible for this scholarship. Ministry will give a scholarship of 15000 INR to these students.
Other backward classes pre-matric scholarship scheme
These students are studying in 1 to 10 class and belong to the OBC category. The scholarship is for those students studying in school certified by the government of the state. OBC student should be the resident of the Bihar. The annual income of the family should be less than 1.5 lac. You need to submit the admission proof, Caste proof, and address proof.
Other Backward classes post-graduation scheme
The student who belongs to the OBC category and studying in the post-graduation courses will submit this application. You will need to provide admission proof, caste proof, and graduation for eligibility. You should be a permanent resident of Bihar
Extremely Backward classes Chief Minister Scheme
The scholarship for those students that have the first division in 10 standards. The government will pay 10000 INR to these students. The main purpose of the scholarship is to encourage students to continue their studies. This is an excellent initiative by the government of Bihar to help needy students.
Kanya Utthan Yojna
The scholarship is for the girl student studying in the Bihar state. The government will give 25000 to girls on a yearly basis. This scholarship is essential for girl empowerment. You need to submit an educational certificate, income certificate, caste certificate, and domicile certificate to become eligible for the scholarship, Passport size photographs are also required. This scholarship is only for girls studying at graduation.
Balika Protossahan Yojana
The scheme is for both boys and girls studying who have completed their high school education. Account details and family income below 15000 certificates is necessary. Aadhaar number and mobile contact no are necessary for the proper submission of the application form.
If you find any technical issue, contact at [email protected] and also call at 8292825106
So this is a complete guide about the Bihar Scholarship and how you can apply for this scholarship.
Frequently asked question
What is the number of post-matric scholarships offered to students?
The government has provided scholarships to approximately 3 lac students on a yearly basis.
How can I apply for the Scholarship?
You can apply for this scholarship by going to the official website and submitting all the required documents.
Can we apply for the Chief Minister Scholarship Scheme?
Yes, you can apply for Chief Minister Scholarship Scheme by going to the Edubt Portal of Bihar Government.
How can we get this scholarship?
Proper hard work and determination are required for the success of scholarship. You need to be disciplined in life to win any kind of scholarship.
Thus, we have provided you all the guides about the Bihar scholarship. This is one of the prestigious scholarships for Bihar students. You need to fill certain criteria before eligibility. Proper planning and hard work are necessary to be successful for any kind of scholarship. If you work hard then success will be you yours. We can provide you a full guide on how can you apply for the different scholarships and how can you pursue your higher education. The Scholarship Giant is the single biggest platform for online education. If you need any help, our team will be free to help you. I hope you like the guide, feel free to drop a comment. You can read about other scholarships here.