Candidates for education sponsorship from Yayasan Sime Darby who will begin their undergraduate program in September 2021 after completing their STPM or Foundation/Matriculation studies, as well as those who are currently in their first year of undergraduate studies, are invited to apply for education sponsorship from YSD to pursue undergraduate studies at recognized Malaysian academic institutions approved by YSD.
The full scholarship covers all of the costs of attendance, including tuition, living expenses, books, and computer expenses. Scholarship recipients will have the chance to participate in the Scholars Development Program and get valuable work experience by participating in internships with companies in the Sime Darby Group of Companies. Please keep in mind that the scholarship will only cover expenditures incurred after the grant has been awarded to beneficiaries (i.e. upon execution of the scholarship agreement). Scholars will be required to work for the Sime Darby Group of Companies for a period of 2 to 4 years upon completion of their education, depending on the amount of the scholarship.
Sime Darby Scholarship 2021
The applicant must meet all of the conditions listed below.
- Malaysian citizen.
- If you are under the age of 25 years.
- (Minimum CGPA of 3.30 for STPM, Pre-University, Foundation, Local Matriculation, or Diploma); or 3As for A-Level programme; or 3As for A-Level programme.
- The total monthly gross household income must be less than RM10, 000.
- Participation in extracurricular activities, sporting events, and community service is encouraged.
- Having demonstrated strong leadership abilities through numerous leadership positions held in school and in society.
The Sime Darby Foundation, often known as Yayasan Sime Darby (YSD), is the primary charitable arm of Sime Darby Berhad. Over the years, the Foundation has grown beyond its original mission of awarding scholarships to eligible students to also supporting important conservation, outreach, and development initiatives. The Foundation is built on five pillars, which are as follows:
- Health Promotion in the Community
- Sports and Children’s Sports
- In the field of arts and culture
Q: What is the value of this scholarship?
- Local Program – A full scholarship covering tuition costs, living expenses, book expenses, and computer expenses is provided.
- The United Kingdom / United States – Full scholarship including tuition costs, board and accommodation, a computer allowance, shipping allowance, and a round-trip plane ticket to and from the study’s start and conclusion points.
- In addition to participating in Scholars Development Programme, scholarship recipients will gain valuable work experience by participating in an internship with one of the Sime Darby Companies, which include Sime Darby Plantation Berhad, Sime Darby Property Berhad, Sime Darby Berhad, and Sime Darby Berhad.
Q: What is the Service Bond Period?
After completing their studies, scholars will be obliged to work for Sime Darby Companies for a period of three years (in the local market) and six years (in the United Kingdom and the United States).
Q: How to apply for this scholarship?
Applications open from 16th March 2021 to 26th April 2021
Please submit the completed application form, coupled with all relevant supporting documents to the following address:
Education Sponsorship Team Yayasan Sime Darby Block C, Level 2, Plantation Tower No. 2, Jalan PJU 1A/7, Ara Damansara 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Please be informed that only hard copy applications submitted to the abovementioned address will be accepted.