The J&K Scholarship is a welcome respite for Jammu and Kashmir-based students who are suffering financial difficulties in furthering their studies. It is a wide word that encompasses all sorts of scholarships and financial aid offered to students at both the high school and college levels. The primary goal of every J&K scholarship is to offer appropriate financial support to deserving and underprivileged students in the state, allowing them to complete their studies without financial constraints. Jammu and Kashmir, known as the “Paradise on Earth,” attracts travelers from all over the world due to its breathtaking landscape. Furthermore, the national and state governments sponsor a number of scholarships to improve the existing educational condition in the state.
J&K Scholarship 2021
The most important qualifying requirement for any Jammu and Kashmir scholarship is that you must be a citizen of or a permanent resident of the state of Jammu and Kashmir. Furthermore, there are a number of other requirements that must be met in order to be considered for these scholarships. What are the most important eligibility requirements that you must meet?
1.Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS), J&K
- The award is offered to students taking the J&K Board or J&K associated schools test in Class 12.
- You must follow a general, professional or medical course on the authorized list of colleges.
- They must be prepared to accept admittance solely outside J&K.
- The family’s annual income should be less than INR 8 Lakh.
- Students with 10+3 graduates from J&K State Polytechnics may also apply for direct entry into the vacant professional category in the second year.
2.Post Matric Scholarship for SC/OBC/EBC/PC/DNT Students, J&K
- This bursary can be submitted to students from the SC/OBC/EBC/PC or DNT category.
- You must pursue post-matriculation courses at or outside of Jammu and Kashmir at a recognized government or government institution.
- The family’s yearly income should be less than INR 1 Lakh (for OBC, EBC, and PC) and INR 2,5 Lakh (for SC and DNTs).
3.Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship, J&K
- Students studying at the university level (graduate, graduate or postgraduate) can apply for this bursary.
- You must have passed at least 40% to 50% of the latest qualifying exams.
The type of financial support each J&K bursary gives students is different. While the bursaries managed by private companies, in the form of cash awards or a tuition waiver, give financial support directly to students’ bank accounts via a direct benefits transfer (DBT). What is the amount of bursary you receive with every J&K bond? Find an answer in the table below to this question. It offers thorough information on the prizes offered to the students and the number of scholarships available.
- For ordinary degree courses – university fees up to INR 30,000 and up to INR 1 Lakh maintenance costs.
- Professional degree program – university cost up to INR 1.25 lakh and up to INR 1 lakh maintenance charge.
- For medical/BDS or medical equivalents – academic fee of up to INR 3 lakh, up to INR 1 lakh maintenance.
- Maintenance allowance
- Payment of compulsory non-refundable fees