The Undergraduate Scholarship Program for Low-Income Families, established by Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan, will benefit students from low-income families. The curriculum is intended to prepare students to be able to gain entrance to higher education with relative ease. Because, in order to eradicate poverty from Pakistan, kids must complete a secondary education beyond the 12th grade. It is the largest scholarship ever awarded in Pakistan. A total of more than 200,000 students will benefit from this need-based initiative in undergraduate courses over the course of four years.
The Ehsaas undergraduate scholarship programme will offer 67,000 scholarships this year, making it the most competitive year yet. An amount of Rs6.53 billion was agreed by the steering committee for the Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program. Dr. Sania Nishtar served as the meeting’s moderator. This year, a total of 111,685 undergraduate students submitted applications for the grant. Female students constituted 42,430 of the total. The application portal was officially closed to the public on November 30, 2020. It is now being examined whether any new applications have been submitted, and the final selection procedure for the Ehsaas undergraduate scholarship will be finished by April 2021.
Ehsaas Scholarship Program 2021
During the second week of March 2021, the Higher Education Commission (HEC) will re-open the Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship portal for 15 days in order to assist students from medical universities in the public sector. In 2019, the government of Pakistan started the Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program, which is the largest undergraduate scholarship programme in the country. A total of 200,000 scholarships will be offered to outstanding students over the course of four years as part of the Ehsaas undergraduate scholarship programme. Female students are entitled to a 50 percent quota in the programme. The Ehsaas scholarship is a fully-funded programme that will not only cover tuition expenses but will also offer the scholars a monthly stipend.
- Students from low-income families who have earned their place.
- Students enrolled in linked public sector universities who are in their first year of undergraduate study are eligible to apply
- Only those students are eligible who were admitted to their respective public sector universities on the basis of their academic performance.
- Candidates for the award who have been accepted into a self-finance / self-support programme are ineligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Students who are already receiving a scholarship or grant from another source are ineligible to apply for this one.
- Students who are currently receiving any other scholarship or grant from any other source are unable to apply for this programme.
- This programme is restricted to normal students only. Students enrolled in distance learning programmes are ineligible.
Q: Who is not eligible for Ehsaas?
Ehsaas is not eligible for a two-year post-secondary or similar programme, two-year associate degree, a Master’s programme and nomenclature for BA / BSc degrees.
Q: Will an EHSAAS bursary test be conducted?
No, there will be no EHSAAS Scholarship test.
Q: What is the process for submitting applications online and how to apply?
Step 1: All candidates/students can apply by using: http://ehsaas.hec.gov.pk online application form.
Step 2: Complete forms (Hard Copy) together with supporting documents may be submitted for additional examination by the Financial Aid Office of the individual university.