The INSPIRE Higher Education Scholarship (SHE) is a scholarship programme operated by the Government of India’s Ministry of Science and Technology (DST). It is a scholarship initiative that falls under the flagship programme of DST, Innovation in science pursuit for inspired research (INSPIRE). INSPIRE Scholarship grants every year 10,000 bonds for highly respected students who do Bachelor’s and Master’s studies in natural and basic sciences. Under HER, each applicant accepted earns INR 80,000 per year for any topic in natural or basic sciences.
INSPIRE Scholarship 2021
In order to apply for HER, candidates must pass (only) class 12 in 2020 and complete B.Sc. or Integrated M.Sc. studies in Natural Sciences. Detailed information on the eligibility conditions for this bond is provided below.
- The candidate must be between the ages of 17 and 22 years old to be considered.
- Candidates must have scored in the top one percent of their class 12 board exam in terms of overall aggregate marks to be considered for this opportunity.
- The candidate must be enrolled in Natural and Basic Sciences courses at the BSc, BS, and Integrated MSc/MS levels during the same academic year in which he or she passed class twelve.
- Participants in this programme must be among the top 10,000 rankers in the Joint Entrance Examination of IIT, AIEEE (top 20,000 rankers), and have passed CBSE-Medical (AIPTM) and have chosen to pursue Natural/Basic Sciences as their major.
- Candidates who have been admitted to the Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), and the Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Basic Sciences (DAE-CBS) at the University of Mumbai for the purpose of pursuing courses in Natural/Basic Sciences leading to B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees are also eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Participants in the KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana), National Talent Search Examination (NTSE), Olympiad Medallists, and Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) are eligible to apply. Applicants who are pursuing courses in Natural/Basic Sciences leading to a B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree are also eligible to apply.
INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) applications are accepted online through the INSPIRE Programme’s web site. The entire procedure for applying for the scholarship is outlined below.
Step 1: First the applicant must register as a new user on the INSPIRE scholarship portal. Click here to visit the official portal. Click on ‘New User? Register here. The candidate must enter his/her name, gender, date of birth, email, password, eligibility criteria and verification code for successful registration.
Step 2: The candidate receives a user ID and password on their registered email ID where he/she needs to click on the activation link to activate his/her account.
Step 3: The applicant must keep the scanned copies of all the required documents as separate files before filling the application form.
Step 4: The applicant must log in to the INSPIRE scholarship portal using his/her username and password.
Step 5: Now, the candidate must fill in all the details like personal particulars, enrolment information at B.Sc. and Integrated M.Sc. level, senior secondary performance information, national level competitive exam details, contact details and other details in the scholarship application form.
Step 6: Also, the applicant needs to upload all the required documents in support of the online scholarship application.
Step 7: The applicant needs to review the entered details before the submission of the form by pressing on the ‘Print Preview’ button. He/She must make sure that all the details and uploaded documents are correct.
Step 8: Now, the applicant needs to click on the ‘Submit’ button to submit the application.
Step 9: After the final submission of the online scholarship application form, the candidate must take the print out of the submitted application for his/her record.
All scholarship applications submitted by potential INSPIRE scholars are assessed based on the eligibility requirements. A list of shortlisted applicants is created based on this judgment. The list of selected candidates is available on the INSPIRE online portal as well as the INSPIRE program’s website. The selected candidates must get their provisional offer letter through the INSPIRE online site. Shortlisted candidates must additionally upload the required papers to their web portal within the stipulated time frame in order to be considered for further review. The scholarship rewards are deposited immediately into the selected candidates’ State Bank of India (SBI) bank accounts via DBT (Direct Bank Transfer).
Q: Who is eligible to apply for the INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education?
Applicants must have average scores in the top 1% of their class 12 exam from any State or Central Board and be studying courses in Basic & Natural Sciences at the BSc, BS, and International MSc/MS levels. The candidate must be between the ages of 17 and 22.
Q: How many INSPIRE scholarships are awarded to students each year?
Every year, 10,000 scholarships of INR 80,000 are awarded to students.
Q: When can students expect to learn whether they have been chosen for a SHE scholarship?
Due to the huge amount of applicants, the selection process generally takes at least four months.